Thursday, August 9, 2007

Here we go again, another school pray law suit

In 2003, Texas passed a law mandating a moment of silence to honor the American and Texas flag. Texas Parents Sue Governor The Croft family sues claiming the law is mandated school pray. This family has a history of complaints against religious-affiliated words and images in schools, having previously complained about Boy Scout rallies held during school, fliers sent home about Good News Bible Club meetings and the inclusion of "Silent Night" and a Hanukkah song in holiday concerts, according to report.
Since we are in the Suing spirit, what about a law suit against political opinions. For example, suing to keep politicians from speaking at graduations where students attend to celebrate a completion of degrees not to listen to political opinion. How about the liberal bias in our schools. I’m not just talking about at the college level; I’m talking about at the elementary and secondary education as well. I remember listening to Maxine Waters’s speech at my GED graduation. Her speech was nice except for the part when she criticized John Ashcroft. I voted for Ashcroft and no one heard my rebuttal. I feel if it is okay for someone to sue base on religious objection, it’s okay to sue for political objection.

No comments:

Post a Comment